October 24, 2007

Just a thought...

I've been looking at my steel Trek 26" 950, which is currently set up as a single speed, and trying to figure out how to convert it to a 27.5" wheel. The rear end isn't quite long enough, and there just isn't quite enough tire clearance... SO, I'm thinking a White Industries Eric's Eccentric ENO may allow the wheel to be tensioned as a single speed and rotate rearwards to allow for the addition size clearance. Something I'll have to experiment with in the future... if some one beats me to it, please notify me of the outcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have some track dropouts/horizontal dropouts put on there and you should have enough room providing the stays are wide enough.
If it was a better frame, having Paragon sliding dropouts would add a lot of options.